Procedure of Registration of Sales Tax, The person shall use their Iris Portal credentials to login into Iris Portal. Once logged in, the person shall select Form 14(1) (Form of Registration filed voluntarily through Simplified) (Sales Tax) from the Registration drop down menu.
On selection of Form 14(1) (Form of Registration filed voluntarily through Simplified) (Sales Tax), the person will be asked to furnish the following information:
1. Sales Tax information, in case of:
Individual, the type of registration, whether it is a Manufacturer or Non-Manufacturer
2. AOP or Company, CNIC of the Member/Director/Principal Officer along with the type of registration, whether it is a Manufacturer or Non-Manufacturer
3. Bank Account details that include the Bank Account Certificate issued by the bank in the name of the business
4. Business details including Business Name, Acquisition Date, Capacity and Business Activity along with particulars of all branches in case of multiple branches at various locations
5. GPS-tagged photographs of the business premises
6. Registration / consumer number with the gas and electricity supplier along with pictures of utilities meter
7. In case of Manufacturer, also the GPS-tagged photographs of machinery and industrial electricity or gas meter installed
8. On submitting the above information and documents, the system shall register the person for Sales Tax.
Detailed Sales Tax Registration procedure is provided in the link below:
After registration, the person registered through Iris Portal is required to visit e-Sahulat Centre of NADRA within 30 days for biometric verification. In case of failure to visit or failure of verification, the registered person’s name shall be taken off the Sales Tax Active Taxpayer List.
There are number of NADRA e-Sahulat Centers to facilitate the applicant for biometric verification.
Post Verification – Manufacturer
In case of manufacturer, the Board may require post verification through field offices, or a third party authorized by the Board. In case, the field office, during scrutiny after the registration, finds that any document provided is non-genuine / fake / wrong, it may request through the system, to provide the missing document, in fifteen days, failing which the registered person shall be taken off from the Sales Tax Active Taxpayer List.
Sales Tax Registration Via Iris Mobile Application
Sales Tax Registration can also be done via Iris Mobile Application, Tax Asaan Mobile Application. Detailed procedure for Sales Tax Registration via Iris Mobile Application is available on Tax Asaan Mobile Application.